ESTABLISHING your new lawn during the HOT SUMMER is easy if you follow a few easy steps;
- TOP DRESSING lightly is important to keep the moisture in and stop your new lawn from drying out too quickly, especially in the joins and around the edges.
- WATER at least twice per day for five to ten minutes
- It the day is EXTRA HOT, give your lawn a couple more short drinks during the day. (You can put a towel on the lawn and water when the towel is dry). It is essential that your soil must be kept damp for the first three weeks.
- After the first few weeks of establishment you can slowly reduce the frequency of times you water, but remember to increase the length of time you water each time (ie: once per day from 10-15 mins or every second day for 20-30 mins). Give the lawn a big deeper watering if you think it is drying out too fast. You can slowly start to make your lawn drought tolerant by reducing the frequency of watering over the first and second summers.
- Feed your lawn. It is growing fast and needs nutrients to keep performing. Fertilize with a complete fertilizer and water in well.
WATCH for dry patches. If they develop, you may need to soak the area, top dress with sand and check that your watering system is watering evenly.
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR LAWN GIVE IT A DEEP SOAK AND KEEP MOIST, IT SHOULD RESPOND QUICKLY.
If you are concerned about your lawn please give our friendly staff a call or send photos to our email at email@example.com