Eureka Kikuyu Grass is an excellent all-rounder instant lawn
A proven performer in most Australian climates, Eureka, Australia’s number 1 choice of Kikuyu grass, is a vigorous grower that stands up to a wide range of conditions.
- Fastest Growing Lawn
- Quick Establishment
- Even Growth
- Rapid Self Repairer
- Wear Resistant
- Cold Weather Tolerant
- Drought Tolerant Grass
- Maintains Growth in Winter & Autumn
- Holds Green Colour Year Round
- Perfect For Open Spaces
- Budget, Child & Pet Friendly
Eureka Kikuyu Lawn Performance
- It prefers a sunny aspect and will thrive with at least 5 to 6 hours of sun per day. However, it can cope with a few hours in the shade.
- Eureka provides a good dense coverage that makes for a rapid recovery from damage.
- It grows twice as fast as normal kikuyu grass.
- It holds its colour well into winter, only turning brown when exposed to frost. Colour returns as weather improves.
- Has a deep root base to help it stand up to the hottest summer days.
- Ideal for large areas.
Eureka Kikuyu Lawn Maintenance
- High growth rate which means high mowing requirement. Usually every 7 days in warmer weather.
- Eureka Kikuyu grass enjoys a long growing season and with regular mowing will hold a good tight growth mat.
- Requires more watering and fertilising that other lawn types. In warmer weather, watering 1-2 times per week is recommended to develop a good root system. Fertilising 2-3 times a year is ideal.
Benefits of Eureka Kikuyu Lawn
Strong and enduring lawn, ideal for open space projects such as large residential lawns, commercial applications, sports fields, racecourses, parks and reserves.
Eureka Kikuyu lawn boasts rapid, dense and even growth throughout most of the year. It is a sterile lawn so it will not produce pollen, flowers or seeds. It is disease and weed resistant and is suitable to grow in most soils.
The vigorous growth habit of Eureka Kikuyu grass allows it to repair very quickly if damaged. In fact, very few grasses can compete with the Eureka kikuyu’s quick ability to regenerate. It grows all year round and therefore requires more mowing than other grasses.
Remaining healthy and green throughout the harsher Australian climate is something Eureka Kikuyu lawn does best. Deep roots keep it lush and green in the hottest summer and it can withstand cooler temperatures and rainfalls of winter and autumn. It may brown off when frost affected but bounces back with full vigour in spring.
Eureka is a premium Kikuyu lawn that has a bigger list of positive attributes than ordinary male sterile or dwarf Kikuyu’s. The Turf Farm is fully licensed and committed to delivering the best quality lawn in top condition with customer service second to none. When you buy Eureka Kikuyu Grass from The Turf Farm, you’ll receive a Certificate Of Authenticity.
Why Eureka Kikuyu is Such a Versatile Lawn
Eureka Kikuyu spreads by its vigorous growth from stolons (runners) and rhizomes (rootstalks) and is a coarse textured grass with a high growth rate. It grows both on top and underneath the ground popping up in new areas. The leaves are approximately 4 – 5mm wide and 25 – 40mm long and are yellow – green in colour.
Eureka Kikuyu is a great solution for planting out larger areas and erosion control, given the rapid aggressive spread of its runners in favourable conditions. It has good tolerance of waterlogged soil as it stores and moderates water usage well.
This grass grows faster than any other lawn grass and as a result is most suited to large open expanses, sports fields, golf greens etc, where mowing, invasion of gardens or excessive shade is not an issue.
Greener for Longer
Don’t settle for a brown dead lawn in summer. BBQ in style on lush green grass this year.
Remaining healthy and green throughout the harsher Australian climate is something Eureka Kikuyu grass does best. Deep roots keep it lush and green in the hottest of summer, makes it drought tolerant and enables survival through gardener neglect.
The cooler months don’t get the better of it either. It will withstand excess water and lower temperatures. Although the Eureka Kikuyu is known to maintain an even colour year round, it may brown in winter frost but will return to its lush green colour once the weather normalises.
Backed by Lawn Solutions Australia
With every Eureka Kikuyu lawn purchase, no matter how big or small, you will be issued with a Lawn Solutions Australia Certificate of Authenticity. This certificate is your guarantee that you are receiving genuine Eureka Kikuyu grass.
As a member of the LSA house of brands, your purchase of Eureka Kikuyu will also be covered by our nationwide guarantee.